Monday, June 27, 2011

Gardening with kids



I’ve found the more my daughter is involved with gardening and cooking in the kitchen, the more willing she is to try new foods, experiment with flavors and sample new combinations. The more she learns about fruits and vegetables, the more excited she is when they are ready to harvest.

Just over a year ago I made this felt playhouse for my daughter to have her very own garden year round to plant and harvest. It has been a huge hit! It gets the most attention out of everything in the playroom when friends come over. Hours are spent planting, picking, washing and eating. I love that my daughter and her friends get so much enjoyment from planting potatoes and picking apples from the tree.









My inspiration for this project came from this incredible blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment